- This book, a compilation of articles from Karl Lunt's long-running column for Nuts & Volts magazine, is a must-read for all beginner and intermediate-level robotics enthusiasts. Written in a friendly, straightforward manner, the author's stories about his various robotics projects will inspire you to try them yourself - and he shares his tips and code to help you. Possible projects range from transforming a TV remote control into a robot controller to building a robot from a drink cooler. You'll want to build them all - the author's enthusiasm for robotics is contagious!Price: $61.40 Save $18.55!Buy Now
- A much-needed clearinghouse for information on amateur and educational robotics, containing over 2,500 listings of robot suppliers, including mail order and local area businesses. Contains resources for both common and hard-to-find parts and supplies, with dozens of "sidebars" to clarify essential robotics technologies, and original articles on various robot-building topics.Price: $31.95 Save $4.05!Buy Now
- Finally, a robots book for people who don't know the first thing about robotics! Absolute Beginner's Guide to Robots is well-written, inviting, and action-packed, with engaging ideas and fascinating factoids about robots and robot-related arts and sciences. You are led gently into the intimidating world of robotics, but nearly 400 pages later, you emerge with a respectable knowledge of robot history, the major fields and "schools" of robotics today, and the basic skills and resources needed to create hobby robots.Price: $18.98 Save $16.01!Buy Now
- Find out how to build your own robot and program it to perform tasks. This book walks you through building your very own little metal assistant from a kit, dressing it up, giving it a brain, programming it to do things, even make it talk. Along the way you'll learn about the history of robotics, and more.Price: $20.51 Save $7.48!Buy Now
- Using photographs, illustrations, and informative text, Mobile Robots guides the reader through the step-by-step process of constructing two different and inexpensive yet fully functional robots with a varying range of abilities. Along the way, concepts are introduced to allow the reader to later create her or his own robot design. All aspects of design are discussed, including computational hardware, designing and prototyping, sensors, mechanics, motors, power, robot programming, and unsolved problems.Price: $63.01 Save $2.94!Buy Now
- This book provides an overview of available robot products, ranging from the simple to the complex, allowing interested readers to find the robot kit that matches their skill level and pocketbook. It includes suggestions for projects suited to the robots reviewed. This handy guide will help to avoid the frustrations that come from working with the wrong kit - whether it's too hard to assemble, or too easy to be challenging.Price: $47.95Buy Now
- This introduction to the principles, design, and practice of intelligent behavior-based autonomous robotic systems is the first true survey of this robotics field. The author presents the tools and techniques central to the development of this class of systems in a clear and thorough manner. Following a discussion of the relevant biological and psychological models of behavior, he covers the use of knowledge and learning in autonomous robots, behavior-based and hybrid robot architectures, modular perception, robot colonies, and future trends in robot intelligence.Price: $49.99 Save $39.01!Buy Now
- An introduction to the fundamentals of robotics, and to the analysis and control of industrial robots, this text/reference begins by presenting the groundwork in robotic manipulation, the algebraic "arm equation" and its solution, and techniques for planning robot motions. Remaining chapters treat more advanced topics including differential motion and statics, torque- based control, robotic vision, and high-level task planning.Price: $65.00 Save $105.80!Buy Now
- This is a textbook for advanced undergraduate and graduate students in the field of mobile robotics. With a special emphasis on computation and algorithms, the authors address a range of strategies for enabling robots to perform tasks that involve motion and behavior. The book is divided into three major sections: locomotion, sensing, and reasoning. It concentrates on wheeled and legged mobile robots, but discusses a variety of other propulsion systems. It presents algorithms for both visual and nonvisual sensor technologies, including sonar, vision, and laser scanners. In the section on reasoning, the authors emphasize the problems of navigation, pose estimation, and autonomous exploration.Price: $50.25 Save $24.74!Buy Now
Robotics & Automation: Best-Sellers
Probabilistic Robotics (Intelligent Robotics and Autonomous Agents series)$61.07 Save $9.93!
Walt Disney Imagineering: A Behind the Dreams Look at Making More Magic Real$41.38 Save $18.62!
Make: More Electronics: Journey Deep Into the World of Logic Chips, Amplifiers, Sensors, and Randomicity$27.33 Save $7.66!
Make: Electronics (Learning by Discovery)$24.25 Save $10.74!
Encyclopedia of Electronic Components Volume 2: LEDs, LCDs, Audio, Thyristors, Digital Logic, and Amplification$22.22 Save $7.77!
The LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 Laboratory: Build, Program, and Experiment with Five Wicked Cool Robots!$21.34 Save $13.61!
The LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 Discovery Book (Full Color): A Beginner's Guide to Building and Programming Robots$20.15 Save $14.80!
The Glass Cage: Automation and Us$18.88 Save $8.07!
Encyclopedia of Electronic Components Volume 1: Resistors, Capacitors, Inductors, Switches, Encoders, Relays, Transistors$17.02 Save $7.97!
Rise of the Robots: Technology and the Threat of a Jobless Future$15.94 Save $13.05!
The LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 Idea Book: 181 Simple Machines and Clever Contraptions$15.70 Save $9.25!
Raspberry Pi Projects for the Evil Genius$15.66 Save $9.34!
Make: Getting Started with littleBits: Prototyping and Inventing with Modular Electronics$15.47 Save $4.52!