- This book, a compilation of articles from Karl Lunt's long-running column for Nuts & Volts magazine, is a must-read for all beginner and intermediate-level robotics enthusiasts. Written in a friendly, straightforward manner, the author's stories about his various robotics projects will inspire you to try them yourself - and he shares his tips and code to help you. Possible projects range from transforming a TV remote control into a robot controller to building a robot from a drink cooler. You'll want to build them all - the author's enthusiasm for robotics is contagious!Price: $79.95Buy Now
- Learning robotics by yourself isn't easy, but it helps when the encouragement comes from an expert who's spent years in the field. Not only does author David Cook assist you in understanding the component parts of robot development, but he also presents valuable techniques that prepare you to achieve new discoveries on your own. Specific tools and parts covered include digital multimeters, motors, wheels, resistors, LEDs, photoresistors, transistors, chips, gears, nut drivers, batteries, and more. Robot Building for Beginners is an inspiring book that provides an essential base of practical knowledge for anyone getting started in amateur robotics.Price: $15.00 Save $14.95!Buy Now
- This unique guide to sophisticated robotics projects brings humanoid robot construction home to the hobbyist. Serious enough to interest robot professionals, the plans inside offer serious fun to hobbyists. They give you the power to breathe life into a mechanical being with amazingly human qualities, and feature all the instructions you need for programming the inexpensive chips that give your humanoid brains and sensitivity.Price: $22.78 Save $8.22!Buy Now
- Using photographs, illustrations, and informative text, Mobile Robots guides the reader through the step-by-step process of constructing two different and inexpensive yet fully functional robots with a varying range of abilities. Along the way, concepts are introduced to allow the reader to later create her or his own robot design. All aspects of design are discussed, including computational hardware, designing and prototyping, sensors, mechanics, motors, power, robot programming, and unsolved problems.Price: $59.58 Save $6.37!Buy Now
- This book provides an overview of available robot products, ranging from the simple to the complex, allowing interested readers to find the robot kit that matches their skill level and pocketbook. It includes suggestions for projects suited to the robots reviewed. This handy guide will help to avoid the frustrations that come from working with the wrong kit - whether it's too hard to assemble, or too easy to be challenging.Price: $34.00 Save $13.95!Buy Now
- This introduction to the principles, design, and practice of intelligent behavior-based autonomous robotic systems is the first true survey of this robotics field. The author presents the tools and techniques central to the development of this class of systems in a clear and thorough manner. Following a discussion of the relevant biological and psychological models of behavior, he covers the use of knowledge and learning in autonomous robots, behavior-based and hybrid robot architectures, modular perception, robot colonies, and future trends in robot intelligence.Price: $87.34 Save $5.66!Buy Now
- An introduction to the fundamentals of robotics, and to the analysis and control of industrial robots, this text/reference begins by presenting the groundwork in robotic manipulation, the algebraic "arm equation" and its solution, and techniques for planning robot motions. Remaining chapters treat more advanced topics including differential motion and statics, torque- based control, robotic vision, and high-level task planning.Price: $57.93 Save $112.87!Buy Now
- This is a textbook for advanced undergraduate and graduate students in the field of mobile robotics. With a special emphasis on computation and algorithms, the authors address a range of strategies for enabling robots to perform tasks that involve motion and behavior. The book is divided into three major sections: locomotion, sensing, and reasoning. It concentrates on wheeled and legged mobile robots, but discusses a variety of other propulsion systems. It presents algorithms for both visual and nonvisual sensor technologies, including sonar, vision, and laser scanners. In the section on reasoning, the authors emphasize the problems of navigation, pose estimation, and autonomous exploration.Price: $72.74 Save $2.25!Buy Now
Robotics & Automation: Best-Sellers
Probabilistic Robotics (Intelligent Robotics and Autonomous Agents series)$75.74 Save $9.26!
Make: Sensors: A Hands-On Primer for Monitoring the Real World with Arduino and Raspberry Pi$27.49 Save $7.50!
The LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 Laboratory: Build, Program, and Experiment with Five Wicked Cool Robots!$25.50 Save $9.45!
The Art of LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 Programming (Full Color)$24.63 Save $10.32!
Rise of the Robots: Technology and the Threat of a Jobless Future$23.10 Save $5.89!
The LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 Discovery Book (Full Color): A Beginner's Guide to Building and Programming Robots$22.37 Save $12.58!
The Glass Cage: Automation and Us$21.04 Save $5.91!
Raspberry Pi Projects for the Evil Genius$17.00 Save $8.00!
Make: Getting Started with littleBits: Prototyping and Inventing with Modular Electronics$16.87 Save $3.12!
The LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 Idea Book: 181 Simple Machines and Clever Contraptions$15.35 Save $9.60!