An Embedded Software Primer
"I sincerely wish (this book) had been available when I had to learn all this stuff the hard way."
"An excellent job of introducing and defining the jargon associated with embedded systems. This makes the text extremely easy to read."--David Cuka
An Embedded Software Primer is a clearly written, insightful manual for engineers interested in writing embedded-system software. The example-driven approach puts you on a fast track to understanding embedded-system programming and applying what you learn to your projects. This book will give you the necessary foundation to work confidently in this field.
Building on a basic knowledge of computer programming concepts, this book will help you to:
- Learn core principles and advanced techniques of embedded-system software.
- Find out what a real-time operating system (RTOS) does and how to use one effectively.
- Experiment with sample code and the µC/OS RTOS version 1.11 (on the accompanying CD).
- Apply what you learn, no matter which microprocessor or RTOS you use.
After reading this book, you will be able to tackle the challenges of embedded system programming and quickly reap the benefits of your new skills.
By: David E. Simon, Published 1999-08-15 by Addison-Wesley Professional
- Making Embedded Systems: Design Patterns for Great Software
- Designing Embedded Hardware: Create New Computers and Devices
- Test Driven Development for Embedded C (Pragmatic Programmers)
- The Definitive Guide to ARM® Cortex®-M3 and Cortex®-M4 Processors, Third Edition
- Embedded Systems Design: An Introduction to Processes, Tools and Techniques
- The C Programming Language
- Embedded Linux Primer: A Practical Real-World Approach (2nd Edition)
- Programming Embedded Systems in C and C++
- MicroC OS II: The Real Time Kernel (With CD-ROM)
Certain content that appears here comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'as is' and is subject to change or removal at any time. Pricing and availability accurate as of 2017-04-25 01:57pm CDT; please follow the links for current pricing.*