The Importance of Good Business Etiquette
Etiquette is a very important factor in determining the success or failure of a business or a person; here are a few Tips on Business etiquettes. Etiquette is the way a person presents himself to others, being comfortable and making other people around comfortable.
Good Business Etiquettes - Recipe to Success
It is very important to practice good manners and etiquettes in order to succeed in your business, be liked by people and maintain good relationships with clients, customers and employees.
When you do not practice good etiquette intentionally or unintentionally, you are bound to face lot of obstacles on the path to success. But if a person is generally considerate and attentive to the needs of those who work for him/her by following the basic rules of etiquette, he/she will definitely be successful in any venture.
It is easier to make money than to earn respect and accolade from people who know and interact with you like colleagues and employees. Life will definitely be easier if you follow the following Tips on Business etiquettes.
- Make sure to treat each person you interact with such as a secretary or a janitor, no matter what his or her position in the corporation, with respect and make it a rule to be pleasant to everybody no matter what the situation is.
- Let people know that you appreciate what they do which will boost morale and improve work quality.
- Keep records of people who matter to you and acknowledge if they receive a promotion and wish them on their birthdays.
- When organizing meetings make sure that all the participants know about the schedule, the objective of the meeting, matter that is to be discussed and the expected duration of the meeting.
- Distribution of minutes and summaries of meetings and thanking each participant after meetings is a basic courtesy.
- Always return calls, if you are unable to answer have a polite message on the answering machine that will be returned at the earliest. Never be rude or impatient with anyone on the phone.
- Never make anyone wait, be it an employee or employer, or a business acquaintance. Never be late for a meeting or for work.
- Dress is also a very important aspect in maintaining good business etiquette. Businessmen have to appear impeccably groomed.
- Women have to dress appropriately and take care that they do not give a wrong impression to their colleagues. Proper care taken can avert a lot of embarrassment.
- Make sure your employees practice good etiquettes to customers and to each other to be able to work in a friction free atmosphere. Smiling courteous service will definitely help improve business and make a customer become regular.
Tips on Business etiquettes while traveling to a foreign place:
- Make sure you learn all you can about their customs and be aware of social no no's, if there are any.
- While giving gifts make sure that it is appropriate and not a social taboo in their part of the world.
Practicing and following the Tips on Business etiquettes will have a remarkable effect in improving business and build contacts necessary for your business.