25 Valuable Phone Numbers For Small Business Success
Starting and growing a small business can be a daunting and sometimes lonely process we have compiled a list of 25 helpful phone numbers for agencies and services that work with small businesses. They can give you information, ideas, and resources to help you be more successful.
- Small Business Administration, 409 Third Street, SW Washington, DC 20416 1-800-U-ASK-SBA Created to help America's entrepreneurs form successful small enterprises, and offers financing, training and advocacy for small businesses in every state.
- Online Womans Business Center this PDF lists contact phone numbers and resource information for Womans Business Centers all over the US http://www.onlinewbc.gov/wbc.pdf
- Internal Revenue Service, Help for Small Businesses, Live Telephone Assistance Call 1-800-829-1040 Tele-Tax recorded tax information Call 1-800-829-4477 Produces publications that offer advice to help small businesses meet their tax obligations. http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, 800-669-4000 Oversees government regulations and policies affecting equal employment opportunities.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration, U.S. Department of Labor Occupational Safety & Health Administration 200 Constitution Avenue Washington, D.C. 20210 800-321-OSHA (6742) OSHA's goal is to save lives, prevent injuries and protect the health of America's workers by establishing and enforcing standards.
- United States Patent and Trademark Office, 800-786-9199 Assists businesses in protecting their investments, promoting goods and services and safeguarding consumers.
- Service Corps of Retired Executives, 1-800/634-0245 A nonprofit association dedicated to entrepreneur education and the formation, growth and success of small businesses nationwide.
- Council of Better Business Bureaus, 4200 Wilson Blvd, Suite 800 Arlington, VA 22203-1838 (703) 276-0100 Fax: 1 (703) 525-8277 Nonprofit organizations designed to promote ethical business standards.
- National Association for the Self-Employed, P.O. Box 612067 DFW Airport Dallas, TX 75261-2067 1-800-232-6273 Provides access to resources and specialists needed to answer questions, and offers material to help small business owners stay current with the latest news.
- American Success Institute, (508) 651-3303 Nonprofit educational organization offering business and leadership programs through educational workshops and motivational videos and books to help small businesses become and stay successful.
- Inc.com from the publishers of Inc magazine a wealth of useful information and how tos http://www.inc.com/guides/ Inc Magazine PO Box 3136 Harlan, IA 51593-0317 800-234-0999
- Quill office products and business supplies up to 65% off with custom business services available, 800-789-1331
- United Parcel Service, 1-800-PICK-UPS Package distribution company offers a variety of pick-up and delivery services for small businesses.
- American Marketing Association, 311 South Wacker Drive Suite 5800 Chicago, IL 60606 (800) AMA-1150 Fax (312) 542-9001 Can answer questions and concerns about marketing new products and services or evaluate a business' current marketing strategy.
- American Bar Association, 740 15th Street, N.W. Washington, DC 20005-1019 202.662.1000 Can counsel small businesses regarding legal issues facing their companies or help locate a lawyer appropriate for their needs.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, 888-777-7077 aides small businesses searching for help with taxes and other accounting issues, as well as provide assistance in selecting an accountant that is right for their particular business.
- Public Relations Society of America, 33 Irving Place New York, NY 10003-2376 Phone: 212-995-2230 Fax: 212-995-0757 From developing a news release to delivering a speech, PRSA can help small businesses with communications needs.
- American Association of Advertising Agencies, (212) 682-2500 Can provide guidance to small businesses wanting to advertise their wares, as well as evaluate the appropriateness of using an advertising agency rather than advertising on their own.
- Minority Business Development Agency, (888) 324-1551 Funds business development centers across the nation.
- Business Network International- is a business and professional networking organization that offers members the opportunity to share ideas, contacts and most importantly, referrals. 199 South Monte Vista Avenue, Suite 6 San Dimas, California 91773 (Outside Southern California) 1-800-825-8286 (Fax) 1-909-305-1811 (Inside Southern California) 1-909-305-1818
- The National Black Chamber of Commerce 1350 Connecticut Ave. NW Suite 825 Washington, DC 20036 (202) 466-6888 Fax: (202) 466-4918 Advocates, promotes, educates and develops African American Chambers.
- U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Promotes the expansion of Hispanic business opportunities. 2175 K Street NW, Suite 100, Washington, DC 20037 202-842-1212, Fax 202-842-3221
- Center for Women's Business Research 1411 K Street, NW, Suite 1350 Washington, DC 20005-3407 USA 202-638-3060 Fax: 202-638-3064 is the premier source of knowledge about women business owners and their enterprises worldwide. The Centers mission is to unleash the economic potential of women entrepreneurs by conducting research, sharing information and increasing knowledge about this fast-growing sector of the economy.
- Small Business Advancement National Center Box 5018 201 Donaghey Avenue Conway, AR 72035-0001 (501) 450-5300 FAX (501) 450-5360 Your Center for Entrepreneurship and Family Business. http://www.sbaer.uca.edu/
- The National Business Incubation Association, 20 E. Circle Drive, 37198 Athens, OH 45701-3571 USA (740) 593 4331Fax: (740) 593-1996 is the world's leading organization advancing business incubation and entrepreneurship.
- Bonus website - Start up Journal the Wall Street Journal center for entrepreneurs http://www.startupjournal.com/
About The Author
©BZ Riger-Hull. Author of The Soul of Success http://www.in-spiros.com For valuable free articles, mailto:A1@smartautoresponder.com Certified as a Success Coach, Four Agreements Facilitator, & Tele-Course leader We help you communicate powerfully, reduce stress, Strategically Attract success, & increase your financial well-being. Our coaching programs and Tele-Courses give you the Tools you need to Succeed. email@example.com