IntelliCAD is a powerful CAD software that is used by professionals in over 80 countries to create mission critical drawings in a cost effective manner. You don't have to learn a brand new interface if you are familiar with the Windows environment and other popular CAD systems such as AutoCAD, since IntelliCAD uses most of the same keystrokes and commands.
IntelliCAD's native file format is .DWG. It allows you to open and save any existing Autodesk AutoCAD file (V2.5 through 2000) and there is no file conversion or data loss. IntelliCAD also provides a high degree of compatibility with the AutoCAD command set, menu files, scripts, as well as with AutoLISP and Autodesk ADS. If you regularly receive files from clients that are in one format and you need to convert them to another format, IntelliCAD can do that too.
IntelliCAD offers smooth Microsoft Windows integration plus many unique productivity features, including the ability to open multiple drawings at once; an IntelliCAD Explorer(TM) that lets you review and exchange drawing content with drag-and-drop ease. You can graphically customize menus and toolbars and manage your drawing using visual tools that enhance your productivity.
Don't be fooled by the low price. IntelliCAD is truly a professional-level CAD program, offering nearly all the features of AutoCAD at a fraction of the price. The Professional edition includes advanced licensed components such as Microsoft VBA (Visual Basic for Applications), LightWorks photorealistic rendering, Hitachi raster Image Enabler, ACIS (display of 3D solids only), and a suite of VBA utilities. It's an outstanding value at only $249.00.
The major features supported in IntelliCAD Professional Edition are:
- Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications
- Raster Image insertion and editing
- ACIS solids display (creation/editing not supported)
- Fly over snapping
- IntelliCAD Explorerd for graphical management of objects
- External reference file (Xref) clipping
- Complex Linetype
- Boundary hatching
- Dimensioning and annotations
- Attributes, text, multiline text
- Printing and plotting
- TrueType fonts
- 3D Surface Display commands
- Real time pan and zoom
- Many, many setting, options to customize IntelliCAD
- Includes a powerful suite of Visual Basic utilities
- CD + User Guide product comes with a 400+ page printed User Guide.
- System Requirements:
- Microsoft Windows 95, 98, 2000, ME or Windows NT 4.0.
- Intel Pentium processor (minimum)or greater (recommended).
- 64 MB of RAM (minimum), 128 MB of RAM (recommended)
- 60 MB of free hard-disk space for installation
- High speed Internet access recommended for product downloads and technical support