Understanding Cryptography: A Textbook for Students and Practitioners
Cryptography is now ubiquitous – moving beyond the traditional environments, such as government communications and banking systems, we see cryptographic techniques realized in Web browsers, e-mail programs, cell phones, manufacturing systems, embedded software, smart buildings, cars, and even medical implants. Today's designers need a comprehensive understanding of applied cryptography.
After an introduction to cryptography and data security, the authors explain the main techniques in modern cryptography, with chapters addressing stream ciphers, the Data Encryption Standard (DES) and 3DES, the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), block ciphers, the RSA cryptosystem, public-key cryptosystems based on the discrete logarithm problem, elliptic-curve cryptography (ECC), digital signatures, hash functions, Message Authentication Codes (MACs), and methods for key establishment, including certificates and public-key infrastructure (PKI). Throughout the book, the authors focus on communicating the essentials and keeping the mathematics to a minimum, and they move quickly from explaining the foundations to describing practical implementations, including recent topics such as lightweight ciphers for RFIDs and mobile devices, and current key-length recommendations.
The authors have considerable experience teaching applied cryptography to engineering and computer science students and to professionals, and they make extensive use of examples, problems, and chapter reviews, while the book’s website offers slides, projects and links to further resources. This is a suitable textbook for graduate and advanced undergraduate courses and also for self-study by engineers.
By: Christof Paar, Published 2010-07-22 by Springer
- Cryptography Engineering: Design Principles and Practical Applications
- Cryptanalysis: A Study of Ciphers and Their Solution
- The Code Book: The Science of Secrecy from Ancient Egypt to Quantum Cryptography
- Applied Cryptography: Protocols, Algorithms and Source Code in C
- Introduction to Modern Cryptography, Second Edition (Chapman & Hall/CRC Cryptography and Network Security Series)
- Bulletproof SSL and TLS: Understanding and Deploying SSL/TLS and PKI to Secure Servers and Web Applications
- Wireless Communications & Networks (2nd Edition)
- Hacking Secret Ciphers with Python: A beginner's guide to cryptography and computer programming with Python
- An Introduction to Mathematical Cryptography (Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics)
- Implementing SSL / TLS Using Cryptography and PKI
Certain content that appears here comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'as is' and is subject to change or removal at any time. Pricing and availability accurate as of 2017-04-30 07:27pm CDT; please follow the links for current pricing.