Automate the Boring Stuff with Python: Practical Programming for Total Beginners
If you've ever spent hours renaming files or updating hundreds of spreadsheet cells, you know how tedious tasks like these can be. But what if you could have your computer do them for you?
In Automate the Boring Stuff with Python, you'll learn how to use Python to write programs that do in minutes what would take you hours to do by hand—no prior programming experience required. Once you've mastered the basics of programming, you'll create Python programs that effortlessly perform useful and impressive feats of automation to:
- Search for text in a file or across multiple files
- Create, update, move, and rename files and folders
- Search the Web and download online content
- Update and format data in Excel spreadsheets of any size
- Split, merge, watermark, and encrypt PDFs
- Send reminder emails and text notifications
- Fill out online forms
Step-by-step instructions walk you through each program, and practice projects at the end of each chapter challenge you to improve those programs and use your newfound skills to automate similar tasks.
Don't spend your time doing work a well-trained monkey could do. Even if you've never written a line of code, you can make your computer do the grunt work. Learn how in Automate the Boring Stuff with Python.
By: Al Sweigart, Published 2015-05-01 by No Starch Press
- Python Crash Course: A Hands-On, Project-Based Introduction to Programming
- Python Playground: Geeky Projects for the Curious Programmer
- The Linux Command Line: A Complete Introduction
- Doing Math with Python: Use Programming to Explore Algebra, Statistics, Calculus, and More!
- Python Pocket Reference: Python In Your Pocket (Pocket Reference (O'Reilly))
- How Linux Works: What Every Superuser Should Know
- Wicked Cool Shell Scripts: 101 Scripts for Linux, OS X, and UNIX Systems
- Black Hat Python: Python Programming for Hackers and Pentesters
- Python for Data Analysis: Data Wrangling with Pandas, NumPy, and IPython
- Invent Your Own Computer Games with Python
Certain content that appears here comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'as is' and is subject to change or removal at any time. Pricing and availability accurate as of 2017-01-22 06:45am CST; please follow the links for current pricing.*