Automate the Boring Stuff with Python: Practical Programming for Total Beginners
If you've ever spent hours renaming files or updating hundreds of spreadsheet cells, you know how tedious tasks like these can be. But what if you could have your computer do them for you?
In Automate the Boring Stuff with Python, you'll learn how to use Python to write programs that do in minutes what would take you hours to do by hand—no prior programming experience required. Once you've mastered the basics of programming, you'll create Python programs that effortlessly perform useful and impressive feats of automation to:
- Search for text in a file or across multiple files
- Create, update, move, and rename files and folders
- Search the Web and download online content
- Update and format data in Excel spreadsheets of any size
- Split, merge, watermark, and encrypt PDFs
- Send reminder emails and text notifications
- Fill out online forms
Step-by-step instructions walk you through each program, and practice projects at the end of each chapter challenge you to improve those programs and use your newfound skills to automate similar tasks.
Don't spend your time doing work a well-trained monkey could do. Even if you've never written a line of code, you can make your computer do the grunt work. Learn how in Automate the Boring Stuff with Python.
By: Al Sweigart, Published 2015-05-01 by No Starch Press
- Python Crash Course: A Hands-On, Project-Based Introduction to Programming
- Python Playground: Geeky Projects for the Curious Programmer
- Doing Math with Python: Use Programming to Explore Algebra, Statistics, Calculus, and More!
- The Linux Command Line: A Complete Introduction
- How Linux Works: What Every Superuser Should Know
- Learn Python in One Day and Learn It Well: Python for Beginners with Hands-on Project. The only book you need to start coding in Python immediately
- Python Pocket Reference (Pocket Reference (O'Reilly))
- Learn Python the Hard Way: A Very Simple Introduction to the Terrifyingly Beautiful World of Computers and Code (3rd Edition) (Zed Shaw's Hard Way Series)
- Learning Python, 5th Edition
- Black Hat Python: Python Programming for Hackers and Pentesters
Certain content that appears here comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'as is' and is subject to change or removal at any time. Pricing and availability accurate as of 2016-10-26 07:45am CDT; please follow the links for current pricing.*