Software Project Survival Guide (Developer Best Practices)
Equip yourself with SOFTWARE PROJECT SURVIVAL GUIDE. It's for everyone with a stake in the outcome of a development project--and especially for those without formal software project management training. That includes top managers, executives, clients, investors, end-user representatives, project managers, and technical leads.
Here you'll find guidance from the acclaimed author of the classics CODE COMPLETE and RAPID DEVELOPMENT. Steve McConnell draws on solid research and a career's worth of hard-won experience to map the surest path to your goal--what he calls "one specific approach to software development that works pretty well most of the time for most projects." Nineteen chapters in four sections cover the concepts and strategies you need for mastering the development process, including planning, design, management, quality assurance, testing, and archiving. For newcomers and seasoned project managers alike, SOFTWARE PROJECT SURVIVAL GUIDE draws on a vast store of techniques to create an elegantly simplified and reliable framework for project management success.
So don't worry about wandering among complex sets of project management techniques that require years to sort out and master. SOFTWARE PROJECT SURVIVAL GUIDE goes straight to the heart of the matter to help your projects succeed. And that makes it a required addition to every professional's bookshelf.
- ISBN13: 9781572316218
- Condition: New
- Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
By: Steve McConnell, Published 1997-10-25 by Microsoft Press
- Rapid Development: Taming Wild Software Schedules
- Software Estimation: Demystifying the Black Art (Developer Best Practices)
- Code Complete: A Practical Handbook of Software Construction, Second Edition
- The Mythical Man-Month: Essays on Software Engineering, Anniversary Edition (2nd Edition)
- The Project Manager's Desk Reference, 3E
- Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software
- Software Requirements (3rd Edition) (Developer Best Practices)
- Professional Software Development: Shorter Schedules, Higher Quality Products, More Successful Projects, Enhanced Careers
- Murach's SQL Server 2012 for Developers (Training & Reference)
- Joel on Software: And on Diverse and Occasionally Related Matters That Will Prove of Interest to Software Developers, Designers, and Managers, and to Those Who, Whether by Good Fortune or Ill Luck, Work with Them in Some Capacity
Certain content that appears here comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'as is' and is subject to change or removal at any time. Pricing and availability accurate as of 2017-01-16 08:49pm CST; please follow the links for current pricing.