The Hacker Playbook: Practical Guide To Penetration Testing
Just as a professional athlete doesn’t show up without a solid game plan, ethical hackers, IT professionals, and security researchers should not be unprepared, either. The Hacker Playbook provides them their own game plans. Written by a longtime security professional and CEO of Secure Planet, LLC, this step-by-step guide to the “game” of penetration hacking features hands-on examples and helpful advice from the top of the field.
Through a series of football-style “plays,” this straightforward guide gets to the root of many of the roadblocks people may face while penetration testing—including attacking different types of networks, pivoting through security controls, and evading antivirus software.
From “Pregame” research to “The Drive” and “The Lateral Pass,” the practical plays listed can be read in order or referenced as needed. Either way, the valuable advice within will put you in the mindset of a penetration tester of a Fortune 500 company, regardless of your career or level of experience.
Whether you’re downing energy drinks while desperately looking for an exploit, or preparing for an exciting new job in IT security, this guide is an essential part of any ethical hacker’s library—so there’s no reason not to get in the game.
By: Peter Kim, Published 2014-03-13 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
- The Hacker Playbook 2: Practical Guide To Penetration Testing
- Rtfm: Red Team Field Manual
- Blue Team Handbook: Incident Response Edition: A condensed field guide for the Cyber Security Incident Responder.
- Black Hat Python: Python Programming for Hackers and Pentesters
- Hacking: The Art of Exploitation, 2nd Edition
- Metasploit: The Penetration Tester's Guide
- Kali Linux: Wireless Penetration Testing Beginner's Guide
- Penetration Testing: A Hands-On Introduction to Hacking
- The Basics of Hacking and Penetration Testing, Second Edition: Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing Made Easy
- Violent Python: A Cookbook for Hackers, Forensic Analysts, Penetration Testers and Security Engineers
Certain content that appears here comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'as is' and is subject to change or removal at any time. Pricing and availability accurate as of 2016-10-23 12:58pm CDT; please follow the links for current pricing.