Hadoop: The Definitive Guide
Get ready to unlock the power of your data. With the fourth edition of this comprehensive guide, you’ll learn how to build and maintain reliable, scalable, distributed systems with Apache Hadoop. This book is ideal for programmers looking to analyze datasets of any size, and for administrators who want to set up and run Hadoop clusters.
Using Hadoop 2 exclusively, author Tom White presents new chapters on YARN and several Hadoop-related projects such as Parquet, Flume, Crunch, and Spark. You’ll learn about recent changes to Hadoop, and explore new case studies on Hadoop’s role in healthcare systems and genomics data processing.
- Learn fundamental components such as MapReduce, HDFS, and YARN
- Explore MapReduce in depth, including steps for developing applications with it
- Set up and maintain a Hadoop cluster running HDFS and MapReduce on YARN
- Learn two data formats: Avro for data serialization and Parquet for nested data
- Use data ingestion tools such as Flume (for streaming data) and Sqoop (for bulk data transfer)
- Understand how high-level data processing tools like Pig, Hive, Crunch, and Spark work with Hadoop
- Learn the HBase distributed database and the ZooKeeper distributed configuration service
By: Tom White, Published 2015-04-11 by O'Reilly Media
- Learning Spark: Lightning-Fast Big Data Analysis
- Advanced Analytics with Spark: Patterns for Learning from Data at Scale
- Data Analytics with Hadoop: An Introduction for Data Scientists
- Big Data: Principles and best practices of scalable realtime data systems
- Programming Hive
- Cassandra: The Definitive Guide
- Hadoop Operations
- Data Science from Scratch: First Principles with Python
- Hadoop 2 Quick-Start Guide: Learn the Essentials of Big Data Computing in the Apache Hadoop 2 Ecosystem (Addison-Wesley Data & Analytics)
Certain content that appears here comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'as is' and is subject to change or removal at any time. Pricing and availability accurate as of 2016-09-25 05:32am CDT; please follow the links for current pricing.