WordPress To Go: How To Build A WordPress Website On Your Own Domain, From Scratch, Even If You Are A Complete Beginner
NOW UPDATED FOR 2017!
If you are a small business owner or a hopeful Internet entrepreneur, then you know you need a professional website.
The first challenge is, how do you build that website without needing to learn how to do computer programming or having to sell your first-born to get a website built for you?
The second challenge is, how do you get a professionally-designed and beautiful website built that won't cost you mega-bucks per month to maintain?
Because let's face it, it is hard to justify the high costs of building an elaborate website, when you are not yet sure a website will be a good investment of your time and money.
The good news is that there is a better - and much less expensive - way to get a beautiful website made, with just a few clicks of your mouse.WordPress started in 2003, with the goal of providing ordinary people a simple way to build a website for free. Today, WordPress is being used on millions of websites, including those of many Fortune 500 companies.
The beautiful thing about WordPress as a website content management system is that it is a fully-customizable experience, and it is very easy to use.
WordPress Themes define how a website will look - they cover website layout, color schemes, font colors, and page display elements. With over 2,000 Themes currently available, it is very easy to change the appearance of a website. With just the click of a mouse button you can change the look, feel and layout of your entire website without affecting the content. What used to take days to get looking right, now takes only minutes.
WordPress Plugins add functionality to a website - what you want the website to do for you or your visitors. With over 43,000 Plugins available, you will find that you can make your website do a lot of specialized tasks for you or your visitors. And with the power of plugins, you can add functionality to your website - track users and what they do, take online orders, manage content in new and unique ways - and more. Again, all with the click of a mouse button.
Now a #1 Amazon Best Seller, this popular, up-to-date, step-by-step guide by expert Sarah McHarry will walk you through the essential first steps to building your own website or blog using WordPress.
What you'll learn in this book:
- How to register your own domain and get the right WordPress hosting
- How to install WordPress with a few clicks of the mouse
- How to create a professional-looking, commerce-ready website with very little effort
- How to add and format your content
- How to use graphics and images
- All about themes, plugins, widgets and other WordPress tools ...and lots more...
- Wordpress for Beginners 2017: A Visual Step-by-Step Guide to Mastering Wordpress
- Build your own Wordpress website: An ultimate guide for small business owners
- How To Make Money Blogging: How I Replaced My Day Job With My Blog
- Professional WordPress: Design and Development
- Wordpress for Beginners: A Visual Step-by-Step Guide to Creating your Own Wordpress Site in Record Time, Starting from Zero!
- How To Blog For Profit: Without Selling Your Soul
- WordPress: The Missing Manual
- WordPress Websites Step-by-Step: The Complete Beginner's Guide to Creating a Website or Blog With WordPress
- ProBlogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income
- WordPress For Dummies
Sarah shows you how to create a world-class website, quickly, easily and inexpensively, even if you have absolutely no current knowledge of how to build a website.
WordPress is so easy to use, and "WordPress To Go" will take what is already easy and make it even more simple - simple enough a monkey could do it! You'll know all the "gotchas" before setting up a WordPress site, discover how to make it content rich, and even how to attract the search engines! You'll gain traffic, exposure, and ultimately more business.
Get your copy of "WordPress To Go" now, and you’ll be a thriving WordPress webmaster in no time at all!
By: Sarah McHarry, Published 2013-05-07 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Certain content that appears here comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'as is' and is subject to change or removal at any time. Pricing and availability accurate as of 2017-04-24 12:07pm CDT; please follow the links for current pricing.