The Innovators: How a Group of Hackers, Geniuses, and Geeks Created the Digital Revolution
Following his blockbuster biography of Steve Jobs, The Innovators is Walter Isaacson’s revealing story of the people who created the computer and the Internet. It is destined to be the standard history of the digital revolution and an indispensable guide to how innovation really happens.
What were the talents that allowed certain inventors and entrepreneurs to turn their visionary ideas into disruptive realities? What led to their creative leaps? Why did some succeed and others fail?
In his masterly saga, Isaacson begins with Ada Lovelace, Lord Byron’s daughter, who pioneered computer programming in the 1840s. He explores the fascinating personalities that created our current digital revolution, such as Vannevar Bush, Alan Turing, John von Neumann, J.C.R. Licklider, Doug Engelbart, Robert Noyce, Bill Gates, Steve Wozniak, Steve Jobs, Tim Berners-Lee, and Larry Page.
This is the story of how their minds worked and what made them so inventive. It’s also a narrative of how their ability to collaborate and master the art of teamwork made them even more creative.
For an era that seeks to foster innovation, creativity, and teamwork, The Innovators shows how they happen.
- Signed First Edition
By: Walter Isaacson, Published 2014-10-07 by Simon & Schuster
- Steve Jobs
- Einstein: His Life and Universe
- Benjamin Franklin: An American Life
- The Everything Store: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon
- Hackers: Heroes of the Computer Revolution
- Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future
- Crazy Is a Compliment: The Power of Zigging When Everyone Else Zags
- Where Wizards Stay Up Late: The Origins Of The Internet
- The Idea Factory: Bell Labs and the Great Age of American Innovation
- The Wise Men: Six Friends and the World They Made : Acheson, Bohlen, Harriman, Kennan, Lovett, McCloy
Certain content that appears here comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'as is' and is subject to change or removal at any time. Pricing and availability accurate as of 2017-04-25 09:11pm CDT; please follow the links for current pricing.