Making Things Talk: Using Sensors, Networks, and Arduino to see, hear, and feel your world
Make microcontrollers, PCs, servers, and smartphones talk to each other.
Building electronic projects that interact with the physical world is good fun. But when the devices you've built start to talk to each other, things really get interesting. With 33 easy-to-build projects, Making Things Talk shows you how to get your gadgets to communicate with you and your environment. It’s perfect for people with little technical training but a lot of interest.
Maybe you're a science teacher who wants to show students how to monitor the weather in several locations at once. Or a sculptor looking to stage a room of choreographed mechanical sculptures. In this expanded edition, you’ll learn how to form networks of smart devices that share data and respond to commands.
- Call your home thermostat with a smartphone and change the temperature.
- Create your own game controllers that communicate over a network.
- Use ZigBee, Bluetooth, Infrared, and plain old radio to transmit sensor data wirelessly.
- Work with Arduino 1.0, Processing, and PHP—three easy-to-use, open source environments.
- Write programs to send data across the Internet, based on physical activity in your home, office, or backyard.
Whether you want to connect simple home sensors to the Internet, or create a device that can interact wirelessly with other gadgets, this book explains exactly what you need.
By: Tom Igoe, Published 2011-09-29 by Maker Media, Inc
Sorry, but this product may no longer be available ... learn more
- Making Things See: 3D vision with Kinect, Processing, Arduino, and MakerBot (Make: Books)
- Getting Started with Arduino: The Open Source Electronics Prototyping Platform (Make)
- Programming Arduino Next Steps: Going Further with Sketches
- Programming Arduino Getting Started with Sketches
- Make: Sensors: A Hands-On Primer for Monitoring the Real World with Arduino and Raspberry Pi
- Arduino Cookbook, 2nd Edition
- Exploring Arduino: Tools and Techniques for Engineering Wizardry
- Motors for Makers: A Guide to Steppers, Servos, and Other Electrical Machines
- Make: Electronics: Learning Through Discovery
Certain content that appears here comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'as is' and is subject to change or removal at any time. Pricing and availability accurate as of 2017-03-26 09:55am CDT; please follow the links for current pricing.