How Computers Work: Processor And Main Memory (Second Edition)
Computers are the most complex machines that have ever been created. This book will tell you how they work, and no technical knowledge is required. It explains in great detail the operation of a simple but functional computer. Although transistors are mentioned, relays are used in the example circuitry for simplicity. Did you ever wonder what a bit, a pixel, a latch, a word (of memory), a data bus, an address bus, a memory, a register, a processor, a timing diagram, a clock (of a processor), an instruction, or machine code is? Unlike most explanations of how computers work which are a lot of analogies or require a background in electrical engineering, this book will tell you precisely what each of them is and how each of them works without requiring any previous knowledge of computers, programming, or electronics. This book starts out very simple and gets more complex as it goes along, but everything is explained. The processor and memory are mainly covered.
- Used Book in Good Condition
By: Roger Young, Published 2009-04-17 by CreateSpace
- Code: The Hidden Language of Computer Hardware and Software
- The Elements of Computing Systems: Building a Modern Computer from First Principles
- But How Do It Know? - The Basic Principles of Computers for Everyone
- Introduction to Networking: How the Internet Works
- Programming: Computer Programming for Beginners - Learn the Basics of Java, SQL & C++
- How Computers Work: The Evolution of Technology, 10th Edition
- The Beginner's Guide to Engineering: Computer Engineering
- Inside the Machine: An Illustrated Introduction to Microprocessors and Computer Architecture
- How Computers Work (9th Edition)
- Think Like a Programmer: An Introduction to Creative Problem Solving
Certain content that appears here comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'as is' and is subject to change or removal at any time. Pricing and availability accurate as of 2017-03-26 09:55am CDT; please follow the links for current pricing.