The First 90 Days: Proven Strategies for Getting Up to Speed Faster and Smarter, Updated and Expanded
The world’s most trusted guide for leaders in transition
Transitions are a critical time for leaders. In fact, most agree that moving into a new role is the biggest challenge a manager will face. While transitions offer a chance to start fresh and make needed changes in an organization, they also place leaders in a position of acute vulnerability. Missteps made during the crucial first three months in a new role can jeopardize or even derail your success.
In this updated and expanded version of the international bestseller The First 90 Days, Michael D. Watkins offers proven strategies for conquering the challenges of transitionsno matter where you are in your career. Watkins, a noted expert on leadership transitions and adviser to senior leaders in all types of organizations, also addresses today’s increasingly demanding professional landscape, where managers face not only more frequent transitions but also steeper expectations once they step into their new jobs.
By walking you through every aspect of the transition scenario, Watkins identifies the most common pitfalls new leaders encounter and provides the tools and strategies you need to avoid them. You’ll learn how to secure critical early wins, an important first step in establishing yourself in your new role. Each chapter also includes checklists, practical tools, and self-assessments to help you assimilate key lessons and apply them to your own situation.
Whether you’re starting a new job, being promoted from within, embarking on an overseas assignment, or being tapped as CEO, how you manage your transition will determine whether you succeed or fail. Use this book as your trusted guide.
- Harvard Business School Press
By: Michael D. Watkins, Published 2013-05-14 by Harvard Business Review Press
- The New Leader's 100-Day Action Plan: How to Take Charge, Build or Merge Your Team, and Get Immediate Results
- You're in Charge, Now What?: The 8 Point Plan
- What Got You Here Won't Get You There: How Successful People Become Even More Successful
- HBR's 10 Must Reads for New Managers (with bonus article “How Managers Become Leaders” by Michael D. Watkins) (HBR's 10 Must Reads)
- The Leadership Pipeline: How to Build the Leadership Powered Company
- The New Rules of Work: The Modern Playbook for Navigating Your Career
- Educational Administration: Theory, Research, and Practice 8th (egith) edition
- Riding Shotgun: The Role of the COO, Updated Edition
- Your Next Move: The Leader's Guide to Navigating Major Career Transitions
Certain content that appears here comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'as is' and is subject to change or removal at any time. Pricing and availability accurate as of 2017-04-30 07:29pm CDT; please follow the links for current pricing.