Linux Command Line and Shell Scripting Bible
Talk directly to your system for a faster workflow with automation capability
Linux Command Line and Shell Scripting Bible is your essential Linux guide. With detailed instruction and abundant examples, this book teaches you how to bypass the graphical interface and communicate directly with your computer, saving time and expanding capability. This third edition incorporates thirty pages of new functional examples that are fully updated to align with the latest Linux features. Beginning with command line fundamentals, the book moves into shell scripting and shows you the practical application of commands in automating frequently performed functions. This guide includes useful tutorials, and a desk reference value of numerous examples.
The Linux command line allows you to type specific shell commands directly into the system to manipulate files and query system resources. Command line statements can be combined into short programs called shell scripts, a practice increasing in popularity due to its usefulness in automation. This book is a complete guide providing detailed instruction and expert advice working within this aspect of Linux.
- Write simple script utilities to automate tasks
- Understand the shell, and create shell scripts
- Produce database, e-mail, and web scripts
- Study scripting examples ranging from basic to advanced
Whether used as a tutorial or as a quick reference, this book contains information that every Linux user should know. Why not learn to use the system to its utmost capability? Linux is a robust system with tremendous potential, and Linux Command Line and Shell Scripting Bible opens the door to new possibilities.
By: Richard Blum, Published 2015-01-20 by Wiley
- Linux Bible
- Linux Pocket Guide: Essential Commands
- How Linux Works: What Every Superuser Should Know
- The Linux Command Line: A Complete Introduction
- Wicked Cool Shell Scripts: 101 Scripts for Linux, OS X, and UNIX Systems
- RHCSA/RHCE Red Hat Linux Certification Study Guide, Seventh Edition (Exams EX200 & EX300)
- bash Cookbook: Solutions and Examples for bash Users (Cookbooks (O'Reilly))
Certain content that appears here comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'as is' and is subject to change or removal at any time. Pricing and availability accurate as of 2017-02-23 08:27pm CST; please follow the links for current pricing.*