About Face: The Essentials of Interaction Design
The essential interaction design guide, fully revised and updated for the mobile age
About Face: The Essentials of Interaction Design, Fourth Edition is the latest update to the book that shaped and evolved the landscape of interaction design. This comprehensive guide takes the worldwide shift to smartphones and tablets into account. New information includes discussions on mobile apps, touch interfaces, screen size considerations, and more. The new full-color interior and unique layout better illustrate modern design concepts.
The interaction design profession is blooming with the success of design-intensive companies, priming customers to expect "design" as a critical ingredient of marketplace success. Consumers have little tolerance for websites, apps, and devices that don't live up to their expectations, and the responding shift in business philosophy has become widespread. About Face is the book that brought interaction design out of the research labs and into the everyday lexicon, and the updated Fourth Edition continues to lead the way with ideas and methods relevant to today's design practitioners and developers.
Updated information includes:
- Contemporary interface, interaction, and product design methods
- Design for mobile platforms and consumer electronics
- State-of-the-art interface recommendations and up-to-date examples
- Updated Goal-Directed Design methodology
Designers and developers looking to remain relevant through the current shift in consumer technology habits will find About Face to be a comprehensive, essential resource.
By: Alan Cooper, Published 2014-09-02 by Wiley
- The Design of Everyday Things: Revised and Expanded Edition
- Universal Methods of Design: 100 Ways to Research Complex Problems, Develop Innovative Ideas, and Design Effective Solutions
- Designing Interfaces: Patterns for Effective Interaction Design
- Sketching User Experiences: Getting the Design Right and the Right Design (Interactive Technologies)
- The Elements of User Experience: User-Centered Design for the Web and Beyond (2nd Edition) (Voices That Matter)
- Designing Interactions (MIT Press)
- 100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter)
- Designing for the Digital Age: How to Create Human-Centered Products and Services
- The Inmates Are Running the Asylum: Why High Tech Products Drive Us Crazy and How to Restore the Sanity
Certain content that appears here comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'as is' and is subject to change or removal at any time. Pricing and availability accurate as of 2017-04-25 09:11pm CDT; please follow the links for current pricing.