Programming 32-bit Microcontrollers in C: Exploring the PIC32 (Embedded Technology)
*Just months after the introduction of the new generation of 32-bit PIC microcontrollers, a Microchip insider and acclaimed author takes you by hand at the exploration of the PIC32 *Includes handy checklists to help readers perform the most common programming and debugging tasks The new 32-bit microcontrollers bring the promise of more speed and more performance while offering an unprecedented level of compatibility with existing 8 and 16-bit PIC microcontrollers. In sixteen engaging chapters, using a parallel track to his previous title dedicated to 16-bit programming, the author puts all these claims to test while offering a gradual introduction to the development and debugging of embedded control applications in C. Author Lucio Di Jasio, a PIC and embedded control expert, offers unique insight into the new 32-bit architecture while developing a number of projects of growing complexity.
Experienced PIC users and newcomers to the field alike will benefit from the text’s many thorough examples which demonstrate how to nimbly side-step common obstacles, solve real-world design problems efficiently and optimize code using the new PIC32 features and peripheral set. You will learn about: *basic timing and I/O operation *debugging methods with the MPLAB SIM *simulator and ICD tools *multitasking using the PIC32 interrupts *all the new hardware peripherals *how to control LCD displays *experimenting with the Explorer16 board and *the PIC32 Starter Kit *accessing mass-storage media *generating audio and video signals *and more! TABLE OF CONTENTS Day 1 And the adventure begins Day 2 Walking in circles Day 3 Message in a Bottle Day 4 NUMB3RS Day 5 Interrupts Day 6 Memory Part 2 Experimenting Day 7 Running Day 8 Communication Day 9 Links Day 10 Glass = Bliss Day 11 It’s an analog world Part 3 Expansion Day 12 Capturing User Inputs Day 13 UTube Day 14 Mass Storage Day 15 File I/O Day 16 Musica Maestro!
- 32-bit microcontrollers are becoming the technology of choice for high performance embedded control applications including portable media players, cell phones, and GPS receivers.
- Learn to use the C programming language for advanced embedded control designs and/or learn to migrate your applications from previous 8 and 16-bit architectures.
By: Lucio Di Jasio, Published 2008-04-17 by Newnes
- Beginner's Guide to Programming the PIC32
- Designing Embedded Systems with PIC Microcontrollers, Second Edition: Principles and Applications
- Embedded Computing and Mechatronics with the PIC32 Microcontroller
- Designing Embedded Systems with 32-Bit PIC Microcontrollers and MikroC
- Microelectronic Circuits (The Oxford Series in Electrical and Computer Engineering) 7th edition
- Elements of Electromagnetics (The Oxford Series in Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- Programming 16-Bit PIC Microcontrollers in C, Second Edition: Learning to Fly the PIC 24
- Making Embedded Systems: Design Patterns for Great Software
- The Art of Electronics
- A Student's Guide to Maxwell's Equations
Certain content that appears here comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'as is' and is subject to change or removal at any time. Pricing and availability accurate as of 2017-02-22 01:17am CST; please follow the links for current pricing.*