Basic Electronics (Dover Books on Engineering)
Originally prepared for Naval training courses and so thoroughly revised in 1972 as to be an essentially new book, this introduction covers the important aspects of applied electronics and electronic communication. It requires no more advanced preparation than knowledge of the principles of applied electronics and elementary mathematics.
Beginning with chapters on electronics equipment, testing devices, safety procedures, basic transistors and electron tubes, the text proceeds slowly and logically to the application of those principles in power supplies, amplifiers and the fundamentals of communication theory. Central to the book is the discussion of all phases of electronic communication with full coverage of amplitude modulated (AM), frequency modulated (FM), and continuous wave (CW) transmission and receiving. Final chapters take up troubleshooting, transmission lines and antennas.
In every case terms are clearly defined and the discussion builds easily from elementary theory to the particular applications. Mathematical derivations and processes which are beyond those of high school algebra are provided. Important concepts, apparatus and techniques are clearly illustrated in hundreds of diagrams and drawings.
An excellent text for self-study as well as the classroom, this course is as valuable to hobbyists as to beginning students of electronics.
By: U.S. Bureau of Naval Personnel, Published 1973-06-01 by Dover Publications
- Basic Electricity (Dover Books on Electrical Engineering)
- Basic Machines and How They Work
- Mechanics (Dover Books on Physics)
- An Introduction to Information Theory: Symbols, Signals and Noise (Dover Books on Mathematics)
- Fourier Series (Dover Books on Mathematics)
- Second-Level Basic Electronics
- Strength of Materials (Dover Books on Physics)
- Tools and Their Uses (Dover Books for the Handyman)
- Understanding Thermodynamics (Dover Books on Physics)
- Principles of Electrodynamics (Dover Books on Physics)
Certain content that appears here comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'as is' and is subject to change or removal at any time. Pricing and availability accurate as of 2017-04-30 05:28am CDT; please follow the links for current pricing.*