100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter)
We design to elicit responses from people. We want them to buy something, read more, or take action of some kind. Designing without understanding what makes people act the way they do is like exploring a new city without a map: results will be haphazard, confusing, and inefficient. This book combines real science and research with practical examples to deliver a guide every designer needs. With it you’ll be able to design more intuitive and engaging work for print, websites, applications, and products that matches the way people think, work, and play.
Learn to increase the effectiveness, conversion rates, and usability of your own design projects by finding the answers to questions such as:
- What grabs and holds attention on a page or screen?
- What makes memories stick?
- What is more important, peripheral or central vision?
- How can you predict the types of errors that people will make?
- What is the limit to someone’s social circle?
- How do you motivate people to continue on to (the next step?
- What line length for text is best?
- Are some fonts better than others?
- New Riders Publishing
By: Susan Weinschenk, Published 2011-04-24 by New Riders
- 100 MORE Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter)
- Don't Make Me Think, Revisited: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability (3rd Edition) (Voices That Matter)
- The Design of Everyday Things: Revised and Expanded Edition
- Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products
- Rocket Surgery Made Easy: The Do-It-Yourself Guide to Finding and Fixing Usability Problems
- The UX Book: Process and Guidelines for Ensuring a Quality User Experience
- The Elements of User Experience: User-Centered Design for the Web and Beyond (2nd Edition) (Voices That Matter)
- About Face: The Essentials of Interaction Design
- UX Strategy: How to Devise Innovative Digital Products that People Want
- Usable Usability: Simple Steps for Making Stuff Better
Certain content that appears here comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'as is' and is subject to change or removal at any time. Pricing and availability accurate as of 2017-03-28 03:06am CDT; please follow the links for current pricing.