100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter)
We design to elicit responses from people. We want them to buy something, read more, or take action of some kind. Designing without understanding what makes people act the way they do is like exploring a new city without a map: results will be haphazard, confusing, and inefficient. This book combines real science and research with practical examples to deliver a guide every designer needs. With it you’ll be able to design more intuitive and engaging work for print, websites, applications, and products that matches the way people think, work, and play.
Learn to increase the effectiveness, conversion rates, and usability of your own design projects by finding the answers to questions such as:
- What grabs and holds attention on a page or screen?
- What makes memories stick?
- What is more important, peripheral or central vision?
- How can you predict the types of errors that people will make?
- What is the limit to someone’s social circle?
- How do you motivate people to continue on to (the next step?
- What line length for text is best?
- Are some fonts better than others?
By: Susan Weinschenk, Published 2011-04-24 by New Riders
- Don't Make Me Think, Revisited: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability (3rd Edition) (Voices That Matter)
- 100 MORE Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter)
- Usable Usability: Simple Steps for Making Stuff Better
- The Design of Everyday Things: Revised and Expanded Edition
- About Face: The Essentials of Interaction Design
- Lean UX: Applying Lean Principles to Improve User Experience
- Universal Principles of Design, Revised and Updated: 125 Ways to Enhance Usability, Influence Perception, Increase Appeal, Make Better Design Decisions, and Teach through Design
- Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products
- Universal Methods of Design: 100 Ways to Research Complex Problems, Develop Innovative Ideas, and Design Effective Solutions
- UX Strategy: How to Devise Innovative Digital Products that People Want
Certain content that appears here comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'as is' and is subject to change or removal at any time. Pricing and availability accurate as of 2016-10-01 05:21am CDT; please follow the links for current pricing.