Principles of Cyber-Physical Systems (MIT Press)
A cyber-physical system consists of a collection of computing devices communicating with one another and interacting with the physical world via sensors and actuators in a feedback loop. Increasingly, such systems are everywhere, from smart buildings to medical devices to automobiles. This textbook offers a rigorous and comprehensive introduction to the principles of design, specification, modeling, and analysis of cyber-physical systems. The book draws on a diverse set of subdisciplines, including model-based design, concurrency theory, distributed algorithms, formal methods of specification and verification, control theory, real-time systems, and hybrid systems, explaining the core ideas from each that are relevant to system design and analysis.
The book explains how formal models provide mathematical abstractions to manage the complexity of a system design. It covers both synchronous and asynchronous models for concurrent computation, continuous-time models for dynamical systems, and hybrid systems for integrating discrete and continuous evolution. The role of correctness requirements in the design of reliable systems is illustrated with a range of specification formalisms and the associated techniques for formal verification. The topics include safety and liveness requirements, temporal logic, model checking, deductive verification, stability analysis of linear systems, and real-time scheduling algorithms. Principles of modeling, specification, and analysis are illustrated by constructing solutions to representative design problems from distributed algorithms, network protocols, control design, and robotics.
This book provides the rapidly expanding field of cyber-physical systems with a long-needed foundational text by an established authority. It is suitable for classroom use or as a reference for professionals.
- Mit Press
By: Rajeev Alur, Published 2015-04-10 by The MIT Press
- Principles of Model Checking (MIT Press)
- Partially Observed Markov Decision Processes: From Filtering to Controlled Sensing
- Deep Learning (Adaptive Computation and Machine Learning series)
- Model Checking (MIT Press)
- Fundamentals of Statistical Signal Processing, Volume II: Detection Theory
- Fundamentals of Statistical Signal Processing, Volume I: Estimation Theory (v. 1)
- Decision Making Under Uncertainty: Theory and Application (MIT Lincoln Laboratory Series)
- Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software
- An Introduction to Agent-Based Modeling: Modeling Natural, Social, and Engineered Complex Systems with NetLogo (MIT Press)
- Algorithms (4th Edition)
Certain content that appears here comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'as is' and is subject to change or removal at any time. Pricing and availability accurate as of 2017-03-28 03:06am CDT; please follow the links for current pricing.