PIC Microcontrollers, Third Edition: An Introduction to Microelectronics
PIC Microcontrollers: An Introduction to Microelectronics, Third Edition, provides an introduction to the complex technology of microcontrollers. Starting with the standard PC, it establishes basic concepts and terminology: microprocessor systems, memory, input and output, and general digital systems ideas. It then examines the PIC microcontroller (MCU), which dominates the market for small-scale industrial applications. The analysis includes a chip that is no longer used commercially, with the minimum of advanced features: the PIC 16F84A; and the PIC 16F690, which has more features and is representative of more recent products in the PIC range. The discussions cover PIC architecture, programming techniques, PIC development systems, application design, program debugging, PIC motor applications, and microcontroller systems. Each chapter begins with an outline of contents and concludes with a set of questions for self-assessment or formal testing of students. This book was written for beginners, college or university students, or independent hobbyists.
- A focus on the 16F84A as the starting point for introducing the basic programming principles and architecture of the PIC, progressing to newer chips in the 16F range, in particular the 16F690, and Microchip starter kits
- How to use the free Microchip development environment MPLAB IDE, plus Proteus VSM interactive electronic design software, to develop your own applications
- Numerous fully-documented, working code examples downloadable from the companion website
By: Martin P. Bates, Published 2011-10-25 by Newnes
- Designing Embedded Systems with PIC Microcontrollers, Second Edition: Principles and Applications
- The PIC Microcontroller: Your Personal Introductory Course, Third Edition
- Programming 8-bit PIC Microcontrollers in C: with Interactive Hardware Simulation
- Fundamentals of Engineering Electromagnetics
- Computer System Architecture (3rd Edition)
- PIC Microcontroller Projects in C, Second Edition: Basic to Advanced
- Getting Started With Pics: A Collection Of 2006 Nuts & Volts Magazine Articles
- Making PIC Microcontroller Instruments and Controllers
- Joe Knows Electronics Semiconductor Kit (320 Transistors & Diodes)
Certain content that appears here comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'as is' and is subject to change or removal at any time. Pricing and availability accurate as of 2017-01-16 08:50pm CST; please follow the links for current pricing.